weight loss ticker

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A snow Day

The kids just got out of school because it's snowing. It's the south, so it's not "that bad" but down here we shut down for everything.
I'm sitting here enjoying a break at the computer with my frappe'. I didn't use the sugar today and saved me some calories. Actually, I forgot to use the sugar, didn't omit it on purpose. It's JUST AS GOOD!

So I've been imformed that people don't want to read my dietary journal unless it's interesting stuff, so we won't do that today. (Thanks, honey!)

Yesterday, Gabe (the nine year old) bet me that I couldn't walk eight miles at once. He bet me "dollar for mile, I bet you can walk eight miles. Loser pays". So my competitvity came out and I shook the childs hand and said, "I bet I can, boy. It's on. It's on like Donkey Cong". So, assuming the snow isn't too bad, and it isn't too cold, we'll be hitting the pavement tonight. Too cold? we'll do it tomorrow. Poor kid doesn't realize I'm training to do 26 on my birthday in 4 months :-) I'll keep that to myself. He might surprise me, LOL.

Last night, I put in 45 minutes on the bike while I watched Law and Order. Love that show. I was into the show so much that I didn't realize I had rode that much. My precious children broke my odometer on there, so I don't know how fast or how "far" I rode, but I will be getting another one later on. My first ten pound goal is an mp3 player. My old one broke, or died, should say. It won't hold a charge anymore. So when I reach my first ten pound goal, I will be getting a new one. This time, I'm getting one just like Gabe's. It's just a cheap $15 one from Dollar General. But it's survived baseball practice, football practice, the floor board of my car, and needless to add a nine year old in general. I'm sure it will be perfect for me. No more $100 mp3s for me.
My second ten pound goal reward is a new odometer for the bike. After that, I don't know. Although I mentioned to B about putting the amount of my weight loss in dollars into an envelope and when I reach my goal (just over 50 pounds total) buying me a new "COOL" outfit. I never buy new clothes. I'm a goodwill shopper through and through. I've never paid more than $3 for a pair of jeans. That's sad, but true.

anyway, I've got some work to do, so I must go, but take care, my blogger family.

~Kana

No comments: